All our Australian Government Department of Social Services (DSS) funded programs are free, independent and mobile. We come to you when and where it is mutually convenient as long as everyone is safe.
We offer all types of advocacy but we specialise in legal advocacy for people with all types of disability; but particularly those with communication, learning and/or sensory disabilities. We are the only DSS advocacy agency in Victoria that offers the following range and combination of funded advocacy services for people with disability.
- Child protection
- Intervention orders
- Tenancy disputes
- DSP rejection appeals
- AAT centrelink appeals
- Aged care pension rejection appeals
- State police
- Commonwealth ombudsman
- Federal police
- Consumer affairs
- State ombudsman
- Telecommunications ombudsman
- Fair work ombudsman
- Privacy commissioner
- Victims of crime tribunal
- Service provider disputes
- Financial ombudsman service
- Health services commissioner
- Energy and water ombudsman
- Disability services commissioner
- Private health insurance ombudsman
- Australian financial complaints authority
- Mental health complaints commissioner
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Aged Care Quality and Safeguards Commission
We focus on justice and inclusion and the protection of human rights of people with disability.
Priority for legal advocacy is always given to those who are at immediate risk, whilst others may have to go on our Waiting List. The demand for our services is often greater than our capacity to deliver them, so we use our extensive networks for referrals.
When specialist legal interventions are required beyond our expertise, we try to use a range of pro-bono legal services to assist.